Friday, February 25, 2022

War is Not Safe For . . . Anyone!

 I hate war, the killing, the oppression, the "victories" OVER others.  I realize each war is different, but the danger and damage continues.  

I am a child of WW II.  Now we hear that Putin's invasion of Ukraine is the largest land war in Europe "since WW II."  We cannot withstand a World War III.  So many deaths in WW II.  I remember hearing a radio broadcast when it was over, and being surprised at age 6 that there was any other news than war news.

That war ended with the beginning of the nuclear age (the U.S. bombing of Japan). WW II was tanks on the ground and airplanes.  Then came Korea. Then the Cuba nuclear crisis. Burton and I had just been married and I remember going to bed and wondering if we would wake up the next morning.

Then drones, and cyber warfare.  And Russia taking control of the nuclear facility in Ukraine.  This is another global war. The world must contain it.  All of us.  War is Not Safe for. . . Anyone.

No comments: