Sunday, November 8, 2020

First President from the "Silent Generation"

 The 46th president of the United States will be the first from the “Silent Generation” 1928-45. Characteristics: they are respectful and responsible, have a strong work ethic and will-power. That’s Joe Biden, b. 1942. Kamala Harris, the first woman vice-president-elect (on the 100th anniversary of women winning the vote), helps us celebrate black/brown citizens of immigrant parents, hers from Jamaica and India. Burton and I celebrated by a walk through downtown Mason City. We played the chimes and xylophone on one of our many city statues.

At the time of the election announcement we were having a party: a 5-person celebration of my birthday (b. 1938) yesterday. I give thanks for birthday greetings from across the U.S., Australia, Canada, Korea and Namibia, and from all generations from my kdg. friend to my new friends here at Prairie Place whom I have met in my 80's. I celebrate, give thanks, and pray for the challenges and possibilities ahead. I celebrate with the world!





No comments: